Conserving electricity doesn't just help the environment, it helps save money as well.
That's why Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro teamed up to deliver takeCHARGE, a program designed to teach you about saving energy.
Visit the takeCHARGE website to learn energy-saving tips and how you can take
advantage of rebates!
But first, let us get you started with some simple tips:
- Set thermostats back by 5 degrees at night or when you're not at home.
- Unplug computers, TVs, stereos and other electronic devices when you go on vacation. Because of their standby feature, they consume energy even when not in use.
- Wash and rinse your laundry in cold water.
- Clean your dryer lint trap after each load to decrease drying time.
- Buy an electric kettle with an automatic shut off.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs.